- Speakers at the conference
- Morten Østergaard Danish Minister for Science, Innovation and Higher Education Ministry of Science, Innovation and Higher Education
- Teresa Riera Madurell Member of the European Parliament Committee of Industry, Research and Energy
- Elke Anklam Director European Commission's Joint Reseach Centre (JRC)
- Alexander Gerber Information Scientist and Director innocomm
- Alan Irwin Professor Copenhagen Business School
- Žaneta Ozolina Professor University of Latvia
- About the conference
The Danish EU Presidency conference ‘Science in Dialogue’ invites policymakers, research institutions, business representatives and civil society to discuss the relationship between science, innovation and society.
The conference will offer high-level speakers and draw upon the participants’ ideas, opinions and suggestions in an interactive conference format. ‘Science in Dialogue will be a unique platform for European stakeholders to meet and discuss the interaction between science, innovation and society.
The aim of the conference is to provide input on aspects of a European model for Responsible Research and Innovation and future instruments for research funding. Furthermore, the conference will contribute to the basis for the successful solution of the grand challenges of our society.
- Blogs + debates
- Human enhancement and the future of work Apr 10, 2012
- Global bioethics blog: Globally embarrassing bioethics Apr 10, 2012
- A special report on financial innovation from The Economist | Debating Innovation Blog Apr 10, 2012
- Questions scientists and journalists still need to answer | Alice Bell | Science | guardian.co.uk Apr 10, 2012
- New Trends in Think Tanks in China Apr 10, 2012
- Watch the video